As a veteran-founded home care agency, we are especially attentive to the needs of veteran clients. We have developed a working relationship with the VA Greater Los Angeles and VA Long Beach/Tibor Rubin Medical Center staff for over 20 years, serving mutual clients.
Many veterans are eligible for a special “pension benefit” which pays for in-home care to assist in the daily activities of living, including eating, bathing, dressing, and mobility, including:
– Veterans who served in the following wars (includes spouse/surviving spouse).
– A veteran must have served 90 consecutive days, with at least one of those days during “wartime,” even if they were not in a combat zone.
- Indian War
- Spanish-American War, including the Moro Province hostilities
- Mexican Border War
- World War l
- World War Korean Conflict
- Vietnam Era Persian Gulf War
VA is seeking public comments for the proposed rule – Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers Improvements and Amendments under the VA MISSION Act of 2018. This rule can be found in the Federal Register. The below Frequently Asked Questions were developed to provide additional information and answer some of your questions.
- Caregivers PCAFC Expansion FAQ
- Legacy Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family
- Caregivers PCAFC Stipend FAQ’s
- Caregivers PCAFC Eligibility FAQ’s
VA’s Caregiver Support Line assistance is just a quick phone call away. Whether you’re in need of immediate assistance or have questions about what services you may be eligible for, the caring, licensed social workers who answer the support line can:
- Provide you with information about assistance available from VA.
- Help you access services.
- Connect with the Caregiver Support Coordinator at a VA Medical Center near you.
- Just listen, if that’s what you need right now.
If you’re just getting started with VA, calling the Caregiver Support Line at 1-855-260-3274 is a great first step to learning more about the support that is available to you.
For additional information, please contact your primary care provider or case manager if you are currently receiving services at a VA medical facility. You may also contact the VA directly at www.va.gov (800) 827-A4OO to determine if you qualify for this special benefit.
Call for helpful information on:
- COVID-19 general information and updates
- Health care eligibility and enrollment
- VA benefits, such as disability, compensation and pension, education programs, caregiver
- support, insurance, home loans, and burial headstones and markers, among others
- The nearest VA medical centers, benefits offices, or cemeteries to Veterans
- Directory assistance and connection to all VA contact centers and VA Medical Centers
- Technical support for VA.gov
- Debt and payment options
- Immediate transfer to the Veterans Crisis Line or the National Call Center for Homeless
Will I be able to speak to a live agent?
When you call 1-800-MyVA411 and press 0, you will reach a live agent for immediate assistance or connection to the right VA experts.
The VA Welcome Kit
A simplified guide to help you get the most out of your VA experience.
Inside, you will find an overview of VA benefits and services, important phone numbers and resources, and “Quick Start Guides” on specific programs, services, and topics.
Quick Start Guides
These handy “Quick Start Guides” will help you navigate your VA benefits and services with checklists to keep you organized and on track to apply for them.
- Apply for VA health care
- Get started with mental health services
- Get started with health services for women Veterans
- Understanding community care
- Accessing urgent care
- Apply for a disability rating
- Apply for education benefits
- Apply for burial in a VA national cemetery and for memorial products
- Understanding the modernized decision review process
- Get started with services for Veterans ages 65+
- Get started with Veteran state benefits and services
- Get started with Vet Center services
- Get started with caregiver benefits
- Apply for survivor benefits
- Explore VA.gov to learn about your benefit