As a veteran-founded home care agency, we are especially attentive to the needs of veteran clients. We have developed a working relationship with the VA Greater Los Angeles and VA Long Beach/Tibor Rubin Medical Center staff for over 20 years, serving mutual clients.
Many veterans are eligible for a special “pension benefit” which pays for in-home care to assist in the daily activities of living, including eating, bathing, dressing, and mobility including:
– Veterans who served in the following wars (includes spouse/surviving spouse).
– A veteran must have served 90 consecutive days, with at least one of those days during “wartime,” even if they were not in a combat zone.
- Indian War
- Spanish-American War, including the Moro Province hostilities
- Mexican Border War
- World War l
- World War Korean Conflict
- Vietnam Era Persian Gulf War
For additional information please contact your primary care provider or case manager if you are currently receiving services at a VA medical facility. You may also contact the VA directly at www.va.gov (800) 827-A4OO to determine if you qualify for this special benefit.